In this dropdown box, you can choose among the following five categories of functions:
- General: Here you find basic mathematical functions like ‘absolute value’ and ‘squareroot’.
- Column: Functions related to a given column, e.g., ‘column sum’ and ‘column average’.
- Logical: These functions allow you to make formulas based on logical conditions, e.g., when your formula should take into account how to handle possible division by zero.
- Statistical: Basic statistical functions like ‘standard deviation’ and ‘correlation coefficient’.
- Date: Date calculations, e.g., number of days between dates.
For example, in the “Statistical” functions category, we can choose the “Average” function by double clicking on the function name “Average”. This copies the function name to the “Formula” textbox: